Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children, a Guide for Parents and Teachers is a research-based, easy-to-follow handbook with strategies parents and teachers can implement today to support their children and students in a healthy, effective manner.
Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children gives practical, easy-to-follow tips related to the following topics or challenges:
- temper tantrums
- social skills
- boundary setting
- teaching accountability
- natural and logical consequences
- goal setting
- creating positive interactions
- building confidence and self-esteem
- positive behavior strategies
Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children is written by licensed behavior specialist and certified school psychologist Rachel Wise. It is based on research and personal experience, as Rachel has been able to put research-based practices into place over the past twenty years working with children (and adults) with academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs in homes, schools and communities.
The chapters in this handbook are based off the top behavioral articles on the author’s website, Education and Behavior, a free research-based online library to support children in the areas of academics, behavioral, and social-emotional needs.
Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children was written to help bridge consistencies in using best practices and scientific methods when faced with behavioral challenges in children; due to inconsistencies in the way behavioral challenges are managed within and between systems (i.e., homes, schools and communities).
This guide is a beneficial addition to any home, school or office! This would make a great gift for a parent, teacher or counselor in your life.
Video Presentation About Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children:
- 8 Tips to Help Students Improve Math Skills
- Easy-to-Follow Guide for Parents and Teachers Gives Research-Based Tips to Build Confidence and Improve Behavior in Children
- Mini Visual Schedules for Busy Families
- A Poem for Parents (And Their Kids) Be A Hero
- Hands-on Learning Materials (and Ideas) for Elementary Math Skills (Counting, Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Time & Money)
Top Posts & Pages
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- Top 10 Discipline Tips for Kids with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- How to Set Up the Classroom for Students with Autism and ADHD
- 11 Multi-Sensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- 5 Short Must-Watch Videos for Teachers
- How To Use Schedules to Improve Children's Behavior
Rachel Wise is a certified school psychologist and licensed behavior specialist with a Master’s Degree in Education. She is also the head author and CEO at educationandbehavior.com, a site for parents, educators, and counselors to find effective, research-based strategies that work for children. Rachel has been working with individuals with academic and behavioral needs for over 20 years and has a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of children and the adults who support them. For Rachel’s top behavioral strategies all in one place, check out her book, Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children, a Guide for Parents and Teachers.