Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children, a Guide for Parents and Teachers is a research-based, easy-to-follow handbook with strategies parents and teachers can implement today to support their children and students in a healthy, effective manner.
Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children gives practical, easy-to-follow tips related to the following topics or challenges:
- temper tantrums
- social skills
- boundary setting
- teaching accountability
- natural and logical consequences
- goal setting
- creating positive interactions
- building confidence and self-esteem
- positive behavior strategies
Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children is written by licensed behavior specialist and certified school psychologist Rachel Wise. It is based on research and personal experience, as Rachel has been able to put research-based practices into place over the past twenty years working with children (and adults) with academic, behavioral, and social-emotional needs in homes, schools and communities.
The chapters in this handbook are based off the top behavioral articles on the author’s website, Education and Behavior, a free research-based online library to support children in the areas of academics, behavioral, and social-emotional needs.
Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children was written to help bridge consistencies in using best practices and scientific methods when faced with behavioral challenges in children; due to inconsistencies in the way behavioral challenges are managed within and between systems (i.e., homes, schools and communities).
This guide is a beneficial addition to any home, school or office! This would make a great gift for a parent, teacher or counselor in your life.
Video Presentation About Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children:
- Pride Reading Program Utilizes a Multi-Sensory Approach!
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills
- 5 Short “Must-Watch” Motivational Videos for Teachers
- 8 Research-Based Tips to Improve Your Mood When You’re Feeling Down
- 3 Research-Based Reasons Why Physical Education is Needed in Schools
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- Top 10 Discipline Tips for Kids with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- 11 Research-Based Spelling Strategies Parents Can Try at Home
- 5 Short "Must-Watch" Motivational Videos for Teachers
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)
- 11 Multi-Sensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
- 10 Great Educational Songs for Kids: 1st to 3rd Grade