Podcast Tells Us How to Improve Children’s Behavior
I recently had the honor of participating in a podcast about behavioral strategies for children with Brian Powers and Darren McCarthy of Sound Foundations for Parenting.
Brian and Darren interviewed me about my experience with using research-based strategies to help children with challenging or “defiant” behaviors..
In the podcast, I share tips and strategies that can be used by any adult raising, working with, or caring for a child. You can start using the recommended tips with your child, student, or client today.
Will The Behavior Strategies in the Podcast Work?
All the information and strategies shared in the podcast are research and experience-based. As a licensed behavior specialist and certified school psychologist, I have worked with schools, families and communities for more than 20 years. This has allowed me to put a lot of research-based strategies into action to support individuals with behavioral needs. To say the strategies work is an understatement.
If the strategies are not working, then it is time to call in a more intensive level of support such as a mental health professional; however, these strategies should always be the first step (or at least part of an overall treatment plan).
What Is Discussed in the Podcast?
Some of the topics discussed in the podcast include learning more about your child’s interests, using empathy and compassion, utilizing logical and natural consequences, setting boundaries, taking a multisensory approach to learning, building confidence in children, using positive language, having clear expectations, letting children work towards the things they want, and more.
How Can You Get a Free Book About Child Behavior?
I will send you my book, Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children for free, if you listen to the podcast and send us a message about either of the following:
- tell us something you learned from the podcast
- tell us a strategy you have used or will use from the podcast
One more time…here is a link to the podcast.
Education and Behavior – Keeping Us On the Same Page with Research-Based Strategies for Children
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- Try These Top 10 Behavior Strategies for Children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Parents Can Try Any of These 11 Strategies to Help a Child Struggling with Spelling
- Use These 10 Simple Strategies to Improve Children's Behavior Today (Home/School)
- Try These 14 Strategies to Help Children with ADHD Improve Focus and Behavior
- Try Any of These 11 Fun Activities to Teach Your Child to Write
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
- Check Out These 10 Great Educational Songs for Young Kids!
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- Try These 5 Great Activities With Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)