Research shows that we are more likely to look up to role models and follow inspirational individuals who have shared characteristics with us.
We look up to people we relate to. So many people in the world hold themselves back from their dreams because they don’t believe they can do certain things, not because they actually can’t do them.
I hope these ten amazing people inspire you to move forward despite any physical, neurological, emotional, behavioral, psychological, or financial challenges you face.
We all deserve to follow our dreams, and to keep going despite our challenges!
Often times it is our own minds, beliefs and lack of confidence that hold us back more so than any other challenge we face.
10 Inspirational Role Models with “Different Abilities”
1. Julio Silpitucla, from Argentina, plays an amazing guitar. I could listen to Julio all day! Music to my ears!
2. Jason McElwain of Rockchester, NY showing us those basketball skills! We are big fans of the sport Jason! Nice work and skills!
3. Mayli Gibson and friends show us their dance skills! We love seeing you shine when you dance!
4. Ezra Frech showing us his amazing speaking skills and athletic abilities. Your confidence is inspirational.
5. Mickey Rowe, telling us about himself and parts of his life as an actor – making us smile with his gymnastic skills. Even gives some conversational tips!
6. Mandy Harvey touching us with her angelic voice! Keep singing and playing, Mandy!
7. John Bramblitt is an amazing painter who blows us away with his ambition and motivation. John’s images are vivid and elicit emotion!
8. Tristan Snapp is passionate about food and has a leading role in Tampa Florida’s “Pro Kitchen Hub!” He has amazing treats. I want to try the strawberry shortcake!
9. Ian Shepherd is a great runner, a good friend to his teammates, and a motivation to other athletes! Thank you for what you do Ian!
10. River Dove London is adorable. He speaks to all our hearts when we see him take off on his trike! Keep riding, River!.
Education and Behavior – A free online library of research-based strategies keeping parents, caregivers, educators, counselors, & therapists on the same page.
Recommended Sensory Tools:
Recommended Books for Kids with Special Needs:
Rachel Wise is the author and founder of Education and Behavior. Rachel created Education and Behavior in 2014 for adults to have an easy way to access research-based information to support children in the areas of learning, behavior, and social-emotional development. As a survivor of abuse, neglect, and bullying, Rachel slipped through the cracks of her school and community. Education and Behavior hopes to play a role in preventing that from happening to other children. Rachel is also the author of Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children: A Guide for Parents and Teachers.
“Children do best when there is consistency within and across settings (i.e., home, school, community). Education and Behavior allows us to maintain that consistency.”