Research shows that we are more likely to look up to role models and follow inspirational individuals who have shared characteristics with us. We look up to people we relate to. So many people in the word hold themselves back form their dreams because they don’t believe they can do certain things, not because they actually can’t do them.
I hope these 10 amazing people inspire you to move forward despite any physical, neurological, emotional, behavioral, psychological, or financial challenges you face.
We all deserve to follow our dreams, and to keep going despite our challenges! Often times it is our own minds, beliefs and lack of confidence that hold us back more so than any other challenge we face.
10 Inspirational Role Models with “Different Abilities”
1. Julio Silpitucla, from Argentina, plays an amazing guitar. I could listen to Julio all day! Music to my ears!
2. Jason McElwain of Rockchester, NY showing us those basketball skills! We are big fans of the sport Jason! Nice work and skills!
3. Mayli Gibson and friends show us their dance skills! We love seeing you shine when you dance!
4. Ezra Frech showing us his amazing speaking skills and athletic abilities. Your confidence is inspirational.
5. Mickey Rowe, telling us about himself and parts of his life as an actor – making us smile with his gymnastic skills. Even gives some conversational tips!
6. Mandy Harvey touching us with her angelic voice! Keep singing and playing, Mandy!
7. John Bramblitt is an amazing painter who blows us away with his ambition and motivation. John’s images are vivid and elicit emotion!
8. Tristan Snapp is passionate about food and has a leading role in Tampa Florida’s “Pro Kitchen Hub!” He has amazing treats. I want to try the strawberry shortcake!
9. Ian Shepherd is a great runner, a good friend to his teammates, and a motivation to other athletes! Thank you for what you do Ian!
10. River Dove London is adorable. He speaks to all our hearts when we see him take off on his trike! Keep riding, River!.
Education and Behavior – A free online library of research-based strategies keeping parents, caregivers, educators, counselors, & therapists on the same page.
Recommended Sensory Tools:
Recommended Books for Kids with Special Needs:
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- Parents Can Try Any of These 11 Strategies to Help a Child Struggling with Spelling
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)
- Try Any of These 11 Fun Activities to Teach Your Child to Write
- Check Out These 10 Great Educational Songs for Young Kids!
- Try These Top 10 Behavior Strategies for Children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
Educational toys, games, tools, books and programs purchased through Education and Behavior, support the funding to maintain our free research-based library. Other relevant ads also help support our database.