Thinking of my childhood, there’s so much I wish I’d known
I’d love to go back and tell myself, now that I am grown
You were only nine or ten when the mean, cruel things were said
People teased you, called you names, threw papers at your head
You used to think to yourself, “If they only took the time to know me
They would see I was a good person, generous, kind, and friendly”
They judged you for your clothes and hair but didn’t know about your home life
They laughed at your misbehavior, which stemmed from your lack of proper guidance
If I could go back and save you, I’d tell you it was okay
You don’t need to pretend you’re sick because you’re scared of what they’ll say
Go to school with your head held high and keep believing in yourself
The ones who tease, laugh, and mock have their own problems and need help
You are right; you would make a great friend; you’re funny, kind, and smart
If they don’t see it, keep pushing forward, don’t hide in the dark
You had so much love for yourself and were born with a heart of gold
But the pain took its toll on you. You went down a dark and lonely road
It took 25 years to get you to where you are today.
You have worked on your confidence and built yourself up along the way.
I am so proud of you and I wish I could have told you then.
If I could have shared all this with you when you were only ten!
How to End Bullying Part 1: 19 Tips for Parents and Teachers
How to End Bullying Part 2: 15 Tips for Kids
Stick Up for Yourself: Every Kid’s Guide to Personal Power & Positive Self-Esteem
My Secret Bully
Receive our updates on Facebook!
If you enjoyed this poem please share it!
Please Don’t Take Away My Recess: A Poem About ADHD
Mommy, Can You See Me?
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- Use These 10 Simple Strategies to Improve Children's Behavior Today (Home/School)
- Try These Top 10 Behavior Strategies for Children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Parents Can Try Any of These 11 Strategies to Help a Child Struggling with Spelling
- Try These 5 Great Activities with Your Social Skills Group
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- Try These 5 Great Activities With Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- Try Any of These 11 Fun Activities to Teach Your Child to Write
- Here Are Four Characteristics of a Positive Role Model