The other day I saw this very powerful, motivational video on Linkedin and thought, “This is a must-watch for anybody who works with or raises kids!” (This is the first video below, by legendary educator Rita Pierson). Watching Ms. Pierson got me thinking that there must be other videos out there that can help boost the spirit and morale of teachers, just like this first video, and so…I hand selected the five best I could find. After watching each one, I felt inspired! Working in schools for a long time with at-risk youth, I met with many teachers who expressed feeling burnt out, frustrated, annoyed with bureaucracy, and dare I even say hopeless. I truly hope these five videos can bring a spark back into the heart of any teacher feeling this way and give inspiration to all the new and aspiring teachers out there! Have fun watching! Please comment below with your thoughts and share this post if you find these videos as inspirational as I did.
Rita Pierson: Every Kid Needs a Champion
Teachers Make a Difference
Youth Motivational Speaker – Jeremy Anderson Speaks to Teachers
10-Year-Old Intellect, Dalton Sherman’s Keynote Speech
Heart of a Teacher
12 Effective Strategies for Children with ADHD
15 Behavior Strategies to Help Children with Autism (great strategies for kids with and without autism)
10 Simple Ways to Improve Children’s Behavior (Home and School)
Exercise Ideas to Help Students with Autism & ADHD
How to Motivate Your Students and Get Them To Listen to You
Thank for visiting educationandbehavior.com, a free resource for parents, caregivers, educators, and counselors. We provide academic, behavioral, and social-emotional support for children. Browse our topics/categories from the menu button at the top left of the page! Receive our updates on Facebook. If you found this helpful, please share it.
- How to Help Your Child with Handwriting and Pencil Grip
- A True Story About A Child with Special Needs
- How to Use Graphic Organizers to Improve Reading Comprehension, Writing, Listening, Note Taking, and Study Skills
- 29 Possible Accommodations & Modifications for Students with IEP’s/504 Plans in Virtual Learning or Cyber School
- Research-Based Reading Comprehension Strategy: Making Connections
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- 11 Research-Based Spelling Strategies Parents Can Try at Home
- 11 Multi-Sensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
- Top 10 Discipline Tips for Kids with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- How Do Positive Role Models Affect Our Youth and Communities?
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- 10 Great Educational Songs for Kids: 1st to 3rd Grade
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)
- The Importance of Positive Role Models for Children
Rachel Wise is a certified school psychologist and licensed behavior specialist with a Master’s Degree in Education. She is also the head author and CEO at educationandbehavior.com, a site for parents, educators, and counselors to find effective, research-based strategies that work for children. Rachel has been working with individuals with academic and behavioral needs for over 20 years and has a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of children and the adults who support them. For Rachel’s top behavioral strategies all in one place, check out her book, Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children, a Guide for Parents and Teachers.