Research demonstrates the benefits of teaching children through a variety of senses (multi-sensory/hands-on learning), which allows children to absorb information through sight, sounds, movement, and touch! In multi-sensory learning, children are active and doing something rather than just sitting passively trying to remember what their teacher is teaching them. “If I can do it, I can understand it.”
I like browsing the internet to see what educational websites are out there, and I recently came across Discount School Supply, which offers an abundance of hands-on and multi-sensory products! I also love all their options for classroom arrangement and organization such as furniture that can also be used for storage, and rugs for story or circle time.
Discount School Supply offers over 5,000 early educational products, appropriate for children in Preschool to grade 7, from over 25 different categories. Many of their products are also beneficial for students with special needs! They offer free shipping and even have a free blog with dozens of ideas for hands-on learning!
These categories include:
- Arts & Crafts
- Dramatic Play
- Active Play
- Infant & Toddler
- Furniture, Storage & Equipment,
- Outdoor Learning
Here are some of the products offered by Discount School Supply that I absolutely love due to their ability to allow children to be active in their learning (touching, seeing, doing)!
- 12 Pros and Cons of Online Learning for Students
- 6 Tips to Teach a Child Self-Discipline
- Four Beneficial Ways Physical Activity Affects Child Development
- Social-Emotional Sign Language Curriculum Can Benefit All Children
- Find Out Why Education and Behavior, a Free Online Research-Based Library, is a Critical Resource for Your District, School, or Agency Webpage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- 11 Multisensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- 11 Research-Based Spelling Strategies Parents Can Try at Home
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
- 7 Research-Based Strategies to Help Children with Reading Fluency
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)
- 5 Fun Research-Based Reading Strategies to Teach Phonemic Awareness: An Early Reading Skill
- The Importance of Positive Role Models for Children