The Pride Reading Program, created by educator, author, and curriculum developer, Karina Richland, uses a multi-sensory, step-by-step process to teach your child to read. It is based on the approach of Orton Gillingham, a time-tested approach to supporting students with reading disabilities based on the research-based principle that multi-sensory learning is beneficial.
I chose to share the Pride Reading Program with you because I have personally witnessed the positive impact of multisensory learning in my 20 years of experience working in home and school settings, with individuals in need of non-traditional learning approaches.
The Pride Reading Program comes with a regimented online guide, which can be presented to a child by a tutor, a parent, or other family member. The program is beneficial for helping students with reading, writing, spelling, and comprehension.
Children with speech and language difficulties, dyslexia, or processing deficits benefit from the repetitive nature of the program.
Video Description of the Pride Reading Program
Pride Reading Program Sample Lesson
Images of the Pride Reading Program Materials
Video: What is Dyslexia?
Education and Behavior – An Online Library of Research-Based Strategies for Children: Keeping Parents, Educators, Counselors, & Therapists on the Same Page!
Tools for Multi-Sensory Reading Instruction
- Pride Reading Program Utilizes a Multi-Sensory Approach!
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
- 5 Short “Must-Watch” Motivational Videos for Teachers
- 8 Research-Based Tips to Improve Your Mood When You’re Feeling Down
- 3 Research-Based Reasons Why Physical Education is Needed in Schools
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- 11 Research-Based Spelling Strategies Parents Can Try at Home
- Top 10 Discipline Tips for Kids with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- 11 Multi-Sensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
- 5 Short "Must-Watch" Motivational Videos for Teachers
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)
- 10 Great Educational Songs for Kids: 1st to 3rd Grade