What is the Free Resource?
Education and Behavior (educationandbehavior.com) is a free online library of research-based strategies to support children’s academic, behavioral, and social-emotional development.
Education and Behavior was created in 2014 by school psychologist and licensed behavior specialist, Rachel Wise.
How Did Education and Behavior Come to Be?
After spending time in a number of different home, school, and community settings, Rachel observed a need to bridge consistency within and across environments.
Education and Behavior is meant to be the go-to research spot for parents, educators, and clinicians. The team can review the research on a topic before a meeting, or while discussing strategies to support the child. Individuals can also read the research and share anything they find relevant with their family, colleagues, students, clients, etc.
At Education and Behavior, you can find answers to questions such as:
- how do I support my child with ADHD, Autism, or Learning Disabilities?
- how can I help a child with behavioral challenges?
- what type of supports are available to my child in school?
- what strategies will help my child/student with reading, writing, and/or math?
- what can we do to reduce bullying?
- should my child be evaluated for special education?
- how can I support a child with anxiety or depression?
- how can I use fitness to support my child?
- how can I help my child/client understand expectations and improve social skills?
- where can I find social stories for a child?
- how does homeschooling impact children?
- what is cyber school like?
- what true stories about people with special needs will inspire my child?
This is just an example of what you can find. To see the full scope of what our library has to offer stop by our home page at educationandbehavior.com.
We are so honored that K-12 schools, districts, universities, pediatricians’ offices, and mental health agencies are starting to list us as a resource on their websites.
We are extremely thankful to the following schools and agencies who have shared Education and Behavior as a resource on their site (we are honored):
Challenger Elementary School in Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Chaparral Elementary School in Meridian Indiana
DeKalb Middle School in Waterloo, Indiana
Gadsden Elementary School in Gadsden, Tennessee
Galveston Independent School District in Galveston, Texas
Lake Washington School District in Redmond, Washington
L’nu Sipuk Kina’muokuom School in Indian Brook, Nova Scotia
North Aiken Elementary School in North Aiken, South Carolina
Ogden Preparatory Academy in Ogden, Utah
Prattville Primary School in Prattville, Alabama
Robert J. Richardson Middle School in Chicago, Illinois
Roebuck Elementary School in Roebuck, South Carolina
Samuel E. Shull Middle School in Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Sancta Familia Academy in Melbourne, Florida
Spring Independent School District in Houston, Texas
Summit Academy in Philadelphia, PA
The School District of Lee County in Fort Meyers, Florida
Elmwood Pediatrics in Rochester and Pittsford, New York
Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana
Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV in Fairfax, Virginia
Rise Learning Center in Indianapolis, Indiana
William and Mary School of Education in Williamsburg, Virginia
Are we on your site yet? If we are, send us the link or a screenshot and we will send you our book for free (Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children: A Guide for Parents and Teachers).
We have a challenge for you. Stop by Education and Behavior. If we don’t have the topic you are looking for to support your child or student let us know. We will research it for you, write an article to answer your question, and post it on our site. We will email you the answer directly if you wish as well.
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- Parents Can Try Any of These 11 Strategies to Help a Child Struggling with Spelling
- Try These Top 10 Behavior Strategies for Children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Use These 10 Simple Strategies to Improve Children's Behavior Today (Home/School)
- Try These 14 Strategies to Help Children with ADHD Improve Focus and Behavior
- Check Out These 10 Great Educational Songs for Young Kids!
- Try Any of These 11 Fun Activities to Teach Your Child to Write
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
- Try These 5 Great Activities with Your Social Skills Group
- Here Are Four Characteristics of a Positive Role Model