1 – After School Routine
2 – Sample After-School Visual Schedule for Kids with Sensory Needs or Impulsive/Hyperactive Behaviors
This schedule is broken into four mini schedules for children who may get overwhelmed with two many steps in one schedule.
See 15 Behavior Strategies for Children on the Autism Spectrum for more on using this visual countdown.
Massage Can Help with Sensory Needs and Anxiety
Top Posts & Pages
- 12 Pros and Cons of Online Learning for Students
- 5 Short "Must-Watch" Motivational Videos for Teachers
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- Try Any of These 11 Fun Activities to Teach Your Child to Write
- Try These Top 10 Behavior Strategies for Children with Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Parents Can Try Any of These 11 Strategies to Help a Child Struggling with Spelling
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- Here Are Four Characteristics of a Positive Role Model
- Use These 10 Simple Strategies to Improve Children's Behavior Today (Home/School)
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
Rachel Wise is a certified school psychologist and licensed behavior specialist with a Master’s Degree in Education. She is also the head author and CEO at educationandbehavior.com, a site for parents, caregivers, educators, counselors, and therapists to find effective, research-based strategies that work for children. Rachel has been working with individuals with academic and behavioral needs for over 20 years and has a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of children and the adults who support them. For Rachel’s top behavioral strategies all in one place, check out her book, Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children, a Guide for Parents and Teachers. If you want Rachel to write for your business, offer behavioral or academic consultation, or speak at your facility about research-based strategies that support children, email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.