1 – After School Routine
2 – Sample After-School Visual Schedule for Kids with Sensory Needs or Impulsive/Hyperactive Behaviors
This schedule is broken into four mini schedules for children who may get overwhelmed with two many steps in one schedule.
See 15 Behavior Strategies for Children on the Autism Spectrum for more on using this visual countdown.
- What Does the US Federal Department of Education Say About School Implementation of IEP Services and 504 Plans During COVID-19
- Effective Strategies to Teach Academic Concepts to Students on the Autism Spectrum
- A Definition of Autism and Related Diagnoses (Asperger’s Change in DSM Discussed)
- Research-Based Math Problem Solving Strategies for Parent and Teachers
- 11 Multi-Sensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
Rachel Wise is a certified school psychologist and licensed behavior specialist with a Master’s Degree in Education. She is also the head author and CEO at educationandbehavior.com, a site for parents, educators, and counselors to find effective, research-based strategies that work for children. Rachel has been working with individuals with academic and behavioral needs for over 20 years and has a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of children and the adults who support them.