Say I love you
Give a hug
Tell them you are here
Ask how they feel
Hold out your hand
Guide them through their fear
Listen when they talk
Share with them too
Let them know they matter to you
Tell them about your life and about you
Become a teacher in that moment they do something they are not supposed to
Build them up but let them fall
Watch them stand or climb a rock wall
Exercise with them, teach them to cook
Have a dance party, read a book
Care about their interests, help them set some goals
Be there when times are tough, give them some control
When they are hurt, or scared; angry, sick or tired
Let them know how much you care, walk them through the fire
Every child needs a hero in their corner, some have more than one, but the ones with none can’t smile…
Can you be a child’s hero today, even if it’s for just a little while?
When we are down, scared, angry, sad or lonely it is sometimes hard to find the motivation to give your all! But when we push past the feelings and commit to being that hero, even if it’s just for the moment, we are making a positive difference for our children and their future, making every move worth it! Drop us a comment and let us know how you are or were a hero to a child! How were you in their corner?
Be that hero today!
Every Kid Needs a Champion – Rita Pierson
Recommended Books on Positive Parenting
- 12 Pros and Cons of Online Learning for Students
- 6 Tips to Teach a Child Self-Discipline
- Four Beneficial Ways Physical Activity Affects Child Development
- Social-Emotional Sign Language Curriculum Can Benefit All Children
- Find Out Why Education and Behavior, a Free Online Research-Based Library, is a Critical Resource for Your District, School, or Agency Webpage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- 11 Research-Based Spelling Strategies Parents Can Try at Home
- Los 10 Tips Más Usados para Niños con Trastorno Negativista Desafiante
- 11 Multisensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
- 10 Great Educational Songs for Kids: 1st to 3rd Grade
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
- The Importance of Positive Role Models for Children
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)