Did you ever notice that we need to improve consistency between people and across settings when it comes to implementing strategies that work to effectively support children with their learning, behavior, emotions, or social skills?
Isn’t it a challenge sometimes to get parents, educators, and others working with a child all on the same page? Aren’t there so many different resources making us unsure where to turn at times?
This is the reason Education and Behavior (educationandbehavior.com), a free online library of research-based strategies to support children, was created in 2014 by school psychologist and licensed behavior specialist, Rachel Wise.
At Education and Behavior, you can find answers to questions such as:
- how do I support my child with ADHD, Autism, or Learning Disabilities?
- how can I help a child with behavioral challenges?
- what type of supports are available to my child in school?
- what strategies will help my child/student with reading, writing, and/or math?
- what can we do to reduce bullying?
- should my child be evaluated for special education?
- how can I support a child with anxiety or depression?
- how can I use fitness to support my child?
- how can I help my child/client understand expectations and improve social skills?
- where can I find social stories for a child?
- how does homeschooling impact children?
- what is cyber school like?
- what true stories about people with special needs will inspire my child?
This is just an example of what you can find. To see the full scope of what our library has to offer stop by our home page at educationandbehavior.com.
We are so honored that k-12 schools, districts, universities, pediatricians’ offices, and mental health agencies are starting to list us as a resource on their websites.
Shout out to the following for listing us as a resource on your site (we are honored):
Challenger Elementary School in Thief River Falls, Minnesota
Chaparral Elementary School in Meridian Indiana
DeKalb Middle School in Waterloo, Indiana
Gadsden Elementary School in Gadsden, Tennessee
Galveston Independent School District in Galveston, Texas
Lake Washington School District in Redmond, Washington
L’nu Sipuk Kina’muokuom School in Indian Brook, Nova Scotia
North Aiken Elementary School in North Aiken, South Carolina
Ogden Preparatory Academy in Ogden, Utah
Prattville Primary School in Prattville, Alabama
Robert J. Richardson Middle School in Chicago, Illinois
Roebuck Elementary School in Roebuck, South Carolina
Samuel E. Shull Middle School in Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Sancta Familia Academy in Melbourne, Florida
Spring Independent School District in Houston, Texas
Summit Academy in Philadelphia, PA
The School District of Lee County in Fort Meyers, Florida
Elmwood Pediatrics in Rochester and Pittsford, New York
Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana
Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV in Fairfax, Virginia
Rise Learning Center in Indianapolis, Indiana
William and Mary School of Education in Williamsburg, Virginia
Are we on your site yet? If we are, send us the link or a screenshot and we will send you our book for free (Building Confidence and Improving Behavior in Children: A Guide for Parents and Teachers).
We have a challenge for you. Stop by educationandbehavior.com. If we don’t have the topic you are looking for to support your child let us know. We will research it for you, write an article to answer your question, and post it on our site. We will email you the answer directly if you wish as well.
- 12 Pros and Cons of Online Learning for Students
- 6 Tips to Teach a Child Self-Discipline
- Four Beneficial Ways Physical Activity Affects Child Development
- Social-Emotional Sign Language Curriculum Can Benefit All Children
- Find Out Why Education and Behavior, a Free Online Research-Based Library, is a Critical Resource for Your District, School, or Agency Webpage!
Top Posts & Pages
- Top 5 Reasons Why Physical Education is As Important As Schoolwork
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group
- 11 Multisensory Activities to Teach Children to Write Letters & Numbers Correctly
- 5 Great Activities to Do with Your Social Skills Group (Adolescents/Teens)
- 11 Research-Based Spelling Strategies Parents Can Try at Home
- What Does the Research Say About the Impact of Homeschooling on Academics and Social Skills?
- 7 Research-Based Strategies to Help Children with Reading Fluency
- 10 Simple Ways to Improve Children's Behavior (Home and School)
- The Importance of Positive Role Models for Children
- Top 10 Discipline Tips for Kids with Oppositional Defiant Disorder